Hey there, what are you about?
My goal is to create a community of #braveenough women who can share, encourage and empower one another. Let’s get to know each other!
I learn so much from others. I like having “curious conversations”, as my friend Chad phrased it. I want to get to know you, so leave an interesting fact or two about yourself in the comments below! Here are Twenty-Five Interesting Sasha Facts:
1. My nails are a good measure of the current health of my work:life integration. If my nails look good, I probably am good.
2. I enjoy lifting up heavy things and dropping them.
3. I was homeschooled in my elementary years. I wouldn’t trade those years for a closet full of Chanel handbags.
4. I love beautiful shoes. They speak to me, they calm me, and they make me happy.
5. I once took a fly fishing class in college and learned how to tie my own flies.
6. I have been on several medical mission trips. Each one changed me.
7. I refuse to sleep in an unmade bed.
8. I live on a dirt road and will until the day I die. I am a country girl. Forever.
9. I do not watch television.
10. My father had all girls. I have done my fair share of fishing and hunting.
11. I love historical fiction.
12. If I could live in any era, it would be the Roaring Twenties, simply for the fashion. (I love Elizabethan era fashion as well, but somehow feel my head would have ended up on the chopping block.)
13. I have an I-will-faint-and-scream type fear of rodents. All rodents. All.
14. I only write with fine-tip pink Sharpies.
15. I am an early riser – it’s my favorite time of the day.
16. My favorite heroine is Queen Esther in the Bible. She was strong and brave and I’m fairly certain she wore lipstick.
17. I love the elderly. They are my favorite group of humans.
18. I try to spend 5-10 minutes each day outside in silence.
19. I am a sucker for period pieces, anything with a heroine, and well-written English dramas.
20. I am seriously opposed to scary shows, dark fiction and whining. Don’t even try.
21. Reading is my favorite hobby. I read for 5-10 minutes in bed every night to fall asleep.
22. I am a storyteller. I love hearing people’s stories and telling them.
23. I have strong, unwavering, solid faith in a beautiful God.
24. I have a personal point system for achievements. Points earn me shoes.
25. I believe deeply that a woman is most successful when she is two things: authentic and free.