Conference COVID-19 Statement
COVID-19 CODE OF CONDUCT
UPDATED JULY 28, 2021
Brave Enough is committed to hosting a safe event for all participants and to this end, requires all attendees to comply with safety precautions specified for Scottsdale, Arizona, The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch, the Brave Enough Conference, in addition to other CDC guidelines and recommendations. This COVID-19 statement will continue to evolve as the COVID-19 situation changes between now and the time of the Brave Enough conference.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, given its contagious nature and that it could lead to severe illness and death. By registering for and traveling to the 2021 Brave Enough Conference, you (and any guests you bring) voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, even if your registration was made by someone else.
By acknowledging these protocols and waiver of liability, you hereby acknowledge and agree that as a participant, you will practice the following guidelines:
- Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) and/or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and requirements issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with.
- Stay home if you feel sick and/or are running a fever or experiencing other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Agree to disclose your vaccination status so that Event organizers can ensure proper social distancing procedures.
- On-site During the Event
- Follow the CDC and State of Arizona and Maricopa County (Scottsdale) guidelines.
- Confirm your vaccination status so that Event organizers can ensure proper social distancing procedures.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue if required by the State of Arizona, local government, event organizers, or venue.
- Wear a face mask if not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 AND agree to wear a mask or facial covering if required by the State of Arizona, local government, event organizers, or venue.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers or venue and respect others’ personal space.
- Seek medical attention at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- A person is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Whether during the meeting or off-site, continue to follow guidance from the CDC, and the local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose/mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Socially distance when possible.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 10 days after returning home, please contact the Brave Enough Executive Committee at [email protected]. Should this happen, your name and contact information will be forwarded to the Maricopa County Health Department.
- Other Responsibilities
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all costs related to COVID-19 virus prevention and mitigation, including testing, medical care, extended hotel stays, changes in travel arrangements, and any other expenses related to COVID-19.